Toppings of your choice:
(Four personal pizzas)
1 can (14 oz) tomato/pizza sauce
1/4 lb. (4 oz) browned and drained sausage or ground meat OR 4 oz. ham, deli meat, pepperoni (buy reduced fat)
1/4 cup each sliced mushrooms, onion, olives, peppers
1 cup shredded mozzarella or blend of cheeses
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups clour, yeast and salt. mix water and oil together, add to flour mixture. Stir until ingredients are blended. Add small amounts of additional flour until dough forms a rough ball and pulls away from sides of bowl.
2. Knead in bowl or on clean, lightly floured surface until dough is smooth, about 4-6 minutes. Divide into four even pieces, shape into smooth balls.
3. Place bowl over dough pieces and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Prepare toppings.
5. Lightly oil cookie sheets. Sprinkle with cornmeal. use hands to pat dough pieces into flat round crusts on cookie sheets so they are not touching. Pinch to form an edge.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
7. With fork, prick the crust surface every few inches. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
8. Select toppings. Spread 1/4 can (1/3 cup) sauce over crust, top with 1 oz. meat, 1 tablespoon of each vegetable topping and 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.