Apple Pie Black Walnut Bread
Published on September 21, 2022 | In Desserts, Holidays | By Home Baking Association |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- 12 Muffins
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice**
- 1 cup chopped apples (~1 medium)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Topping: 1 cup chopped black walnuts
- Topping: ¼ cup brown sugar
- Topping: ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Topping: 1 Tablespoon flour
- Topping: 1 Tablespoon butter
- Prepare ahead: Grease one, 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, OR 12 medium muffin cups, OR three, 3 ½-in X 5 ½ -in small loaf pans. Chop apple to make 1 cup. Prepare topping. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, sour cream and eggs until well combined.
- Add applesauce, vanilla and melted butter. Stir until just combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix well 1 ¾ cups flour, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt. Fold in apples.
- Add flour mixture to egg and applesauce mixture. Stir well, then spoon into prepared pan(s) or scoop into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Prepare Topping: Stir together black walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon flour and 1 Tablespoon melted butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake large loaves for 55 to 60 minutes; small loaves 35-40 minutes and muffins for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and 200-209°F at center (wooden toothpick inserted in muffin center will have no raw batter).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour. *Also delicious made wholegrain-rich with 1 cup whole wheat flour and ¾ cup all-purpose flour **Apple Pie Spice: *1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, 1/8 tsp each allspice and cardamom
- Servings : 12
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Breads, Desserts, Thanksgiving
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.