Boston cream pie cupcakes are a heavenly combination of light buttery layer cake, cream and chocolate ganache all in a cupcake!
Boston Cream Pie Cupcake
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2/3 cup prepared vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a small tip. Fill with pudding. Push the tip through the top to fill each cupcake.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon over cupcakes. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..