Recipe courtesy of Hudson Cream Flour
Caramel Brownie Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 Cups Hudson Cream Short Patent Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rolling)
- 3/4 Cup Kraft caramel bits
- 2 teaspoons milk or cream
- Pre-heat oven 375*, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl cream the sugar, cocoa and butter together.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and blend.
- Form dough into balls. Place on baking pan.
- Roll in sugar and smash down slightly with the bottom of a sugared cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes.
- After cookies have cooled, place caramel bits and milk in a microwave-save container and microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring frequently, until caramel is fully melted. (Add milk as needed to thin)
- Drizzle over cookies and let caramel set before serving.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..