Recipe courtesy of Ardent Mills
Lemon Thyme Whole Wheat Muffins
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Wheat Four
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Lemons, Zest, set aside
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin with pan spray or line with paper cups.
- Peel thyme leaves off of the stem. Combine the Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cornstarch, Lemon Zest,Thyme and Baking Soda into a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Sour Cream, Lemon Juice, and Whole Milk .
- Pour the sugar mixture from step 3 on top of the flour mixture in step 2, and fold until there are no more dry spots. Be sure not to over mix, you just want to fold until there is no more visible flour.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Remove muffin from the oven once done, turn the muffins out onto a cooling rack,and cool to room temperature. Enjoy!
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..