Traditionally served with your Prime Rib but it’s a great addition to any roasted meat dish!
Old Fashion Yorkshire Puddings
Published on December 17, 2020 | In Holidays | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/3 rendered beef fat, pork fat or olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- In a blender, blend together eggs, milk, flour and salt. Quickly blend just until incorporated. Dipping your fork into batter, it should be thin enough to flow out of tines quite easily. If too thick add a splash of milk. Allow the batter to rest in refrigerator overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350* Add a teaspoon of fat to each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin and transfer to the oven to heat, about 5 to 7 minutes.*
- Once oil and muffin pan are very hot, quick blend of batter then divide batter equally to fill the cups about halfway, and return the muffin tin for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
- *The key is a hot oven and the fat just at the smoking point before you put the batter in.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.