A delicious blend of pumpkin, spices and a surprise ingredient, cheese!
Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8x8 pan
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-packed pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cubed (2 cups)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salted caramel sauce, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350*, butter or grease a 9x13 g baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- Stir in the milk, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in bread, allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the bread mixture into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle with 1 cup caramel sauce (sauce can be heated lightly for easier spreading).
- Spoon remaining bread mixture over top, using the back of a spoon pat mixture down lightly.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set. Using a thermometer, insert and check for 160*.
- Remove from oven. Re-heat remaining caramel to serve with squares of the bread pudding.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..