A delicious tart with fresh nectarines and a creamy mascarpone filling!
Rustic Mascarpone and Nectarine Tart
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 tart
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubed pieces
- 1/4 cup marscapone
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 4 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup marscapone
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Dough: Combine the flour + salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the butter to the mixture, using your fingers to incorporate the butter into the flour/salt mixture.
- Add the mascarpone, lemon juice + ice water to the bowl. Knead together until the mixture forms a soft dough. If the dough seems too dry, add more ice water. If the dough seems too wet, add more flour.
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. You'll want to keep the dough chilled for 30 minutes to an hour before assembling the tart.
- In a separate bowl combine the nectarines, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a bowl. The cornstarch will thicken the nectarines. Allow the nectarines to sit for 10-20 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, combine the lemon zest + the full cup of mascarpone.
- To assemble, roll the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roll dough into a large 16" circle. If the dough softens too much, place the baking sheet in the freezer to chill again. Layer on the mascarpone/lemon zest in the center, keeping 1/2-1 inch of dough free of the mixture around the edges. Add the nectarines on top of that layer. Gently fold the edges up around the edges of the filling.
- Beat an egg yolk in a small dish, using a pastry brush apply the egg yolk to the crust. Top the egg yolked crust with a sprinkle of white sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..