Light-as-a-Feather Whole Wheat Pancakes
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat griddle.
- In medium bowl, stir or sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, buttermilk, brown sugar and oil together.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Pour ¼ cup batter for each cake onto a well-seasoned hot griddle. Flip the pancake when bubbles appear on surface; turn only once.
- Omit soda and salt, use 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In place of Buttermilk you can substitute 1 and 1/3 cup 1% milk w/1Tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- Add ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Serve hot, chunky, spiced applesauce or thick fruit sauce over cakes instead of syrup for extra nutrition and fiber.
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..