Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz by Marla Prusa, winner of Home Baking Association 2020 Educator Award.
Blueberry Pie II (makes one, Double-Crust Pie)
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Prepare one recipe for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- 3/4 cup (5.25 oz/150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/57g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, if desired
- 6 cups (1 lb./450g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, if desired
- Prepare pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie. Divide in half, form into discs about 1-inch thick, wrap, and chill. Heat oven to 425˚ F.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries.
- Roll out the bottom crust and transfer into the pie plate. Roll out the top crust, cut about 8 slits in the center of the top crust for vents. Spoon filling into a pastry-lined pie pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over blueberries. Cover with the top crust, seal, and flute edges. Another option is to cut shapes out of the top crust dough with cookie cutters and place them over the top of the pie.
- Cover edge with a 2-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil during the last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in the crust. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..