A simple but delicious quick bread, in fact so delicious and easy you might want to double the batch and freeze one for later!
Blueberry Quick Bread
Published on February 21, 2021 | In Quick Breads | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 9"x5" loaf
- Difficulty Level Beginner, Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2% works best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup blueberries (lesser amount for fresh)
- Pre-heat oven 350*, grease or lightly spray baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- Using pastry cutter or two forks cut butter in until small pea size, like pie dough.
- In a separate bowl, blend eggs, milk, and vanilla thoroughly. Add blueberries* and lemon zest.
- Add egg/blueberry mixture to dry ingredients, stir quickly until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, bake for 65-80 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest 10 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- *If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw, use them frozen.
- Servings : 8-10
- Course : Dessert, Snack
- Recipe Type : Quick Breads
- Ingredient : Bread
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.