A delicious way to use some of the summers bounty, the honorable Zucchini! This quick bread is moist, fudgy and loaded with delicious flavor, no one will even suspect they’re eating vegetables!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 9x5 loaves or 4 mini loaves
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, press out excess water.
- Pre-heat oven 350* Grease loaf pans very well, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, whisk to thorough distribute, set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir eggs. oil, applesauce, yogurt, sugar and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, mix to completely combine, Batter will be very thick, fold in prepped zucchini, stir together but try not to over mix batter.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pans evenly. Using the back of a spoon of spatula smooth top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Using a toothpick insert in center, if comes out clean it's done, if it has batter sticking to it return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..