These Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones are wonderfully festive and easy enough for everyday!
Cranberry Scones with Vanilla Drizzled Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 pieces
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2-1/4 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons water
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg in bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture forms large crumbs. Add cranberries and mix together gently.
- Beat together buttermilk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and gently fold in the egg/milk mixture until blended. Do not over mix as it will make the scones tough.
- Divide the dough in half, and on a floured surface, form two dough circles.
- Cut each circle into 4 wedges and place on a baking sheet. (Line with parchment paper, if possible.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the scones. Enjoy!
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..