Recipe courtesy of Wheat Foods Council
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Published on September 11, 2021 | In Quick Breads | By Home Baking Association |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 5 medium bananas).* See note.
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- * Extra-ripe bananas or previously frozen bananas can be used for a more intense banana flavor.
- Pre-heat oven 350*, generously grease (oil or non-stick cooking spray can be used) and flour 9 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cream sugar, butter and olive oil into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and yogurt then beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until blended. Don't over mix!
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand in pan about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire cooling rack.
- Servings : 12 slices
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Quick Breads
- Ingredient : Wheat Flour
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.