- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 9x5 loaf pan
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening (or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar plus milk to make 1/2 cup liquid
- Pre-heat oven 350*
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas and liquid. Beat well.
- Bake in well greased loaf pan 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..