- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 pieces
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 TO 3 1/4 Cups AP Flour (we recommend Shawnee Mills)
- 1 1/4 C boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Instant Potato Flakes
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Instant Yeast
- Place 2 cups of the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the flour, and stir with wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
- Cover and set to one side for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the instant potato flakes and 1 cup of the remaining flour with the salt, oil and yeast.
- Add this to the cooled flour/water mixture, stir, then knead for several minutes until a soft dough forms. The dough should form a ball, but will remain somewhat sticky.
- Add additional flour only if necessary; if kneading by hand, keep your hands and work surface lightly oiled.
- Let the dough rise, covered, for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces (each around 3 ounces). Cover, and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Roll each piece into a 7″ to 8″ circle.
- Brown in cast iron pan over medium heat for about 1 minute per side, until they’re puffed and with brown spots.
- Wonderful when served hot. Will refrigerate for 4-5 days, or freeze.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..