This quick bread uses the bounty of your garden to create a moist, flavorful, and easy Zucchini Bread from scratch!
Garden Harvest Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 8x4 loafs
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325* grease and flour two 8x4 loaf pans
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In large bowl, stir eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar together until blended.
- Slowly add whisked dry ingredients to the creamy egg & sugar mixture, beat until well combined. Fold in shredded zucchini and walnuts if using.
- Divide evenly between the two prepared 8x4 loaf pans.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for twenty minutes in pan.
- Remove bread from pan, and completely cool before slicing.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..