Gooey Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 9X13 casserole or bundt loaf
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 T Yeast
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cup Milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 cups Bread Flour
- Cinnamon Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 small package "cook and serve" vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 tsp double strength vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve the yeast in warm water with the sugar.
- Add milk, eggs, melted butter, extracts flour and salt. Mix about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until supple dough forms.
- Mix on medium speed until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Knead with the dough hook in mixer 5 minutes medium speed. Remove dough from mixer and form into a ball.
- Place ball in a large, lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow to raise until double, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- While dough rises, make the Cinnamon Sauce. Once the dough doubles in size, punch down. Remove from bowl.
- Totally random sized balls of dough need to be formed. This is a great one to make with kids.
- To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Make the bread:
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of a well-oiled 9 X 13 inch 4 inch deep casserole.
- Divide the dough in half and divide the first one half into random sized 1-2 inch dough balls and disperse over the sauce mixture.
- Top the dough balls with the second 1/3 of the sauce. Smear the sauce over the dough balls.
- Divide the second half of the dough into random sized 1-2 inch dough balls an disperse over the sauce mixture coated bottom layer of dough balls.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top of the uncoated dough balls and coat well. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Allow the dough to get really, really, really fluffy. Bake in preheated oven 350°F for 30-35 minutes (check internal temperature with a meat thermometer...190°F and it is cooked through).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes. Invert onto a large serving tray with a lip to keep the sauce from oozing all over. Caramel sauce will be hot, so be careful.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..