Italian Bakery Butter Tea Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2-3 dozen 1 ½-inch cookies.
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) confectioners powdered sugar
- 2 lg egg
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup Ap flour
- In a 2-quart mixer with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, shortening and sugars on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add the eggs and vanilla on low speed and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to high and whip for 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and cornstarch. On low speed, slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture. When all the flour is added, mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Pre-heat oven 375*
- Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Fit a large piping bag with a large star-tip. Fill the bag 3/4 of the way full of the cookie dough and form into cookies the size of a quarter, allowing 1-inch between cookies for spreading.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar or sprinkles before baking. Bake 375°F 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..