Maple Bacon Popovers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 popovers
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup finely chopped thick-cut bacon slices
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed gently
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple syrup, plus a lot more for brushing and serving on the side.
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°F with oven rack in lower third of oven. Cook chopped bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Allow drippings to cool slightly in skillet, about 5 minutes; pour into a small heatproof bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter to drippings; stir to combine.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon drippings mixture into each cup of a 12 or 6-cup popover pan or large muffin pan.
- Stir together flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together milk, maple syrup, eggs, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until almost smooth; fold in cooked bacon. Transfer batter to a large measuring cup making it easier to fill the popover cups.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven.
- Pour batter into popover cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake in preheated oven until popovers are puffed and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly brush tops with additional maple syrup. Remove from pan, and serve immediately, preferably with warm syrup to pour over the inside of the popover.
- Recipe Type : Rolls & Biscuits
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..