Overnight Danish Braid
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 individual braids
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Braid Dough:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot milk
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut butter into flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add eggs, yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup water and sugar.
- Mix by hand until dough is well mixed. (Batter may be sticky).
- Refrigerate, covered for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Bring dough to room temperature, about an hour.
- Divide dough into four parts. Roll each part into 12x9 in rectangle (like thin cinnamon roll) on floured surface.
- Prepare filling by combining ingredients until well mixed.
- Using 1/2 cup filling per braid, spread in a 3 in strip down center of each rectangle.
- With kitchen shears, cut sides toward center in strips 3 in long and 1 inch wide. Fold strips over filling, alternating from side to side.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and let rise until double.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove to wire rack. Cool slightly, top with glaze made by mixing ingredients until smooth.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..