Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz by Marla Prusa, Home Baking Association 2020 Educator Award winner.
- 9" Gallette
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 9" prepared chilled pie dough
- 1/4 cup (1.75 oz/50g) granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 3 cups (18 oz/510g) peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar
- Additional flour for sprinkling
- Prepare pastry for a single-crust pie; keep chilled until ready to roll.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; sprinkle lightly with additional flour and roll out a 13-inch circle of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet. OR using parchment paper, roll pastry into a 13-inch circle on the parchment and transfer parchment directly on baking sheet.
- Place oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, the 4 tsp. of flour, and nutmeg or cinnamon. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss gently until coated. Spoon the peach mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a 2-inch border. *Fold border up over peaches, pleating the pastry as needed to lie flat against the filling. Sprinkle the center with almonds. Lightly brush the top and sides with milk.
- Bake in 375˚ F oven for 35-40 minutes until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly. Cover the edge with foil for the last 5-10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool 30 minutes on the baking sheet. Dust the edges with powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..