Recipe courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council
Pizza Monkey Bread
Published on January 15, 2021 | In Entrees, Yeast Breads | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Bundt cake pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dried yeast (1 package)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups prepared pizza sauce/tomato sauce
- 20 slices pepperoni , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 ½ cups mozzarella, grated
- Bunch of fresh basil , chopped
- To Make the Dough:
- Mix the flour, yeast, and salt together in a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- In a measuring jug, heat the milk and butter until lukewarm and the butter is melted.
- Turn the machine on low and slowly add the milk mixture. Mix for 2 minutes to wake up the yeast. Increase the speed to medium and mix for roughly 6-8 minutes, or until the dough is shiny and smooth.
- When your dough is ready, take it off the machine and coat the dough and bowl with olive oil (or any flavorless oil). This will help it rise in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours.
- To Make the Pizza filling:
- In a large bowl add the tomato sauce, pepperoni, garlic, cheese, and basil. Set aside in the fridge until you are ready for it. Once the dough has proofed, gently remove the dough from the bowl, knocking out the air.
- Using a bench scraper or knife, cut the dough into medium and small sized pieces. If you cut them too big the monkey bread can seem a bit doughy. Gently stir the cut dough into the pizza sauce, coating every piece of dough in tomato sauce.
- Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan or cake tin with butter. Fill the pan with the monkey bread dough and even out the dough with a spatula. Cover the Bundt pan tightly with plastic wrap and let the monkey bread rise for 45 minutes or until puffy and they have risen up to the top of the pan. (At this point you can cover it and pop it in the fridge overnight to be baked the off the next day fresh.)
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35-40 minutes or until the top is beautifully brown. Cool the monkey bread in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on a platter or large plate and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Enjoy straight away!
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.