White Yeast Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Loaves
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- 6 to 7 cups All-purpose flour
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Combine hot milk, salt, sugar and shortening. Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in 2 cups flour; beat well.
- Add yeast and mix. Add enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and let rise again until doubled.
- Cut dough in half and form two balls. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out and shape into 2 loaves. Place into 2 greased bread pans. Let rise.
- Pre-heat Oven 350*F.
- After last rice place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until done.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Recipe Type : Breads
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..