Whole Wheat bread
Published on May 26, 2019 | By Home Baking Association |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 1 cup (room temperature) water
- 1 cup (room temperature) milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 6 to 8 cups whole wheat flour
- Put 6 cups flour into bowl. Make two wells.
- Put yeast in one and salt in the other.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix together, adding as little flour as possible, until no longer sticky.
- Turn onto floured surface. Knead for about 10 minutes. Dough should be smooth and pliable.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise until doubled, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and divide in half. On greased surface, shape loaves. Put loaves in greased pans.
- Cover with towel and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes until loaves reach internal temperature of 200 degrees.
- Remove from Oven, cool on racks.
- Recipe Type : Breads
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..