These tasty scones are an excellent way to use up leftover ham. Their cheesy, savory goodness is perfect as an appetizer or an afternoon snack!
Ham and Cheese Scones
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pea size cubes
- 1 cup small dice cooked Ham
- 1 cup shredded gouda or sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven 400*, line baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour into a medium bowl, then whisk in baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter, using your fingers crumble the butter into flour mixture rubbing until butter disappears into a coarse meal.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of cheese, diced Ham, toss until well combined.
- Stir in milk and cream to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7" round, no less than 1 inch thick.
- Using floured biscuit cutters, cut out rounds, arrange on prepared lined baking sheet pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..