The perfect brunch dish, filled with the fresh taste of blueberries, cream cheese and covered with a rich blueberry sauce!
Overnight Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
Published on May 6, 2020 | In Breakfast, Holidays | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8x8 pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6-8 slices day-old brioche or Italian, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Lightly grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Arrange half the bread cubes in the pan, top with cream cheese cubes. Mix blueberry jam and blueberries together and spread over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and syrup until blended.
- Pour over bread mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning: Remove bread mixture 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350* Cover pan with foil, bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.
- Prepare sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and water. Stirring constantly bring mixture to a boil, cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Add 1/2 cup blueberries and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes until blueberries burst open.
- Finish sauce with 1 Tablespoon of butter when dissolved pour over baked french toast casserole.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Serving suggestions: Dust with powdered sugar
- Servings : 4-6
- Recipe Type : Breakfast, Fourth of July, Holiday, Mother's Day
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.