Flavorful, moist, light and fluffy, not dense at all! It has a delicious texture of a carrot cake, and it’s everything you will want in a holiday cake!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Apple
Published on November 9, 2020 | In Cakes, Cupcakes, Holidays | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bundt cake
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups apples cored, peeled and diced
- *Optional Powdered sugar to dust cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour Bundt cake pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and ground cloves, set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer beat eggs, white sugar and brown sugar until light in color and creamy, for a couple of minutes.
- Add applesauce, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and vanilla extract and beat for 1-2 minutes until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree and continue beating for 1 more minute to combine.
- Add reserved dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. It's important not to not over mix the batter.
- Fold in the prepared apples.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 or 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for about 40 minutes. Do not remove pan.
- Invert the bundt pan onto a large plate or platter, allow cake to cool completely.
- Optional: Gently Dust top with powdered sugar.
- Servings : 12
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Cakes & Cupcakes, Christmas, Desserts, Thanksgiving
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.