100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Sugar Cookies
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, 1% or non-fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and sugar; beat until well combined – about 1 minute.
- Add milk, vanilla and egg (or egg whites); blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; gradually stir in liquid mixture and continue until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes - 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cookie ball with the bottom of a glass to flatten. Cookies will be about 1 ½ inches in diameter and about ¼ inch thick and do not spread much when baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..