Sweet and salty, the perfect combination for a cookie!
Coconut Cashew Cookies
Published on August 4, 2021 | In Cookies, Bars, Biscotti | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen
- Difficulty Level Easy, Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soften to room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup toasted salted cashew pieces
- *24 toasted cashew halves for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In stand-up mixer cream butter and brown sugar until creamy, add egg and vanilla, cream for two minutes.
- Using a spatula, add flour mixture, mix until well combined.
- Fold in cashew pieces. Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour for best results.
- Pre-heat oven 350*, line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a small scooper or spoon, roll into walnut size balls, place 2" apart on prepared baking sheet.
- *If using cashew halves, press into each ball,
- Bake 10-12 minutes until browned around the edges and centers are puffed.
- Remove from oven, cool 1 minute, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Course : Dessert, Snack
- Recipe Type : Cookies & Bars
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.