30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Published on May 21, 2019 | By Home Baking Association |
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⅓ cups (whole) milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 packages (4½ tsp, ½oz, 14g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast*
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, for brushing (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add the flour and make a well in the middle.
- In a measuring cup, add the milk, butter, sugar and salt. Microwave in 15 seconds increments until the butter is melted and the mixture is temperature is between 110 and 115°F.
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the flour well. Scatter the yeast over it. Gently stir and let sit for a few minutes.
- Fit the mixer with the dough hook attachment. Start mixing on low speed, slowly pouring the remaining milk mixture until the dough comes together, about 3-5 minutes. The dough should be soft and elastic and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and divide it into 12 pieces (approximately 73 grams each). Shape each piece into a ball. Place all the rolls into a greased 11-inch round baking pan or 13X9-inch baking pan. Cover the rolls with a clean tea towel and let rest for about 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake the rolls for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown. As soon as you remove the rolls from the oven, brush them with melted butter.
- Servings : 12 Rolls
- Recipe Type : Rolls & Biscuits
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..