Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 30 cookies
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 and 3/4 cups sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 10 oz. package Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter into the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low for one minute.
- Add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Cream together for one additional minute.
- Add in the applesauce and mix until incorporated.
- Sift together the sorghum flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, create rounded scoops of dough.
- Gently roll the dough between your hands to create a ball. Place each round of dough onto the prepared baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a minimum of ten minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. This is necessary to allow the cookies time to harden a bit.
- After ten minutes, use a thin metal spatula to transfer the cookies to the cooling rack.
- Recipe Type : Cookies & Bars
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..