Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Topping
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Angel Food cake
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites, (11 to 12 large eggs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Flavored Topping
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Adjust rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour and salt, sifting three times to blend thoroughly.
- BEAT egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and almond extract in large clean bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold flour mixture and water into the egg whites.
- Spread batter evenly in 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 37 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Invert cake pan onto a bottle and cool completely before removing from pan.
- Serve with strawberry topping and/or fresh berries, if desired.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..