Apricot Streusel Scones
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar|
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup firm margarine or butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten, reserve 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk, 2%
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using pastry blender or two knives, cut margarine into dry ingredients, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream, apricots and milk.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll or pat into 10 x 11-inch rectangle. Cut into two 5 x 11-inch sections.
- Mix streusel ingredients with a fork and lightly pat onto one piece of dough; cover with other piece.
- With sharp knife cut into triangles.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet; brush dough with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..