- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 muffins
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry ﬂour (or white whole wheat ﬂour)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease and ﬂour 10 cups of a muﬃn tin.
- Mix bananas and eggs together thoroughly with an electric mixer.
- Sift dry ingredients (ﬂour, sugar, salt, soda) together.
- Add to bananas and eggs.
- Add nuts while mixing just until everything is combined. (Overmixing makes muﬃns dense.)
- Spoon into muﬃn tins, ﬁlling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes; muﬃns are done if a toothpick comes out clean. Cook a few minutes longer if necessary.
- *If you use a 9x5 loaf pan instead, increase cooking time to about one hour, then test with toothpick.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..