Banana Nut Muffins
Published on May 20, 2019 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1-1/4 cups All Purpose White Flour
- 1 cup Wheat Germ (We recommend Hodgson Mill)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Milled Flax Seed (We recommend using Hodgson Mill)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup bananas, ripe-mashed 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (we used pecans)
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray 12 muffin cups or use paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine and stir together the flour, wheat germ, cinnamon,milled flax seed,brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, milk, butter or vegetable oil and eggs.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir only until ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter evenly. The muffin cups will be full.
- Bake for 20-22 min. Serve warm or cool on wire racks.
- Servings : 12 muffins
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..