Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Large Muffins or 18 Medium size Muffins
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg, large, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mixer cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Mix flours, oats, baking powder, soda and salt together and add alternately with buttermilk, stirring well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in Blueberries gently.
- Pour batter into prepared greased muffin cups, dividing batter to make 12 large or 18 medium muffins.
- Prepare topping:
- Mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto cooling rack, serve warm or room temp.
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..