Cheesy Grits Casserole
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ c. (5 oz.) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. Quick Grits (We recommend Sunflower Quick Grits)
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Bring water and salt to boil in large saucepan.
- Stir grits in slowly; cook 4-5 min.; stir occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir small amount of grits mixture into eggs.
- Return all to saucepan. Add 1 c. cheese, milk, butter; blend well.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole; top with remaining ¼ c. cheese.
- Bake approx. 1 hour, or until cheese is golden brown.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..