This dish whips up quickly, too. Throw the ingredients into a blender, pour the batter into a piping hot pan and 25 minutes later you have a lovely Dutch Baby. Breakfast, brunch or dessert, this recipe is delicious!
Cherry Almond Dutch Baby Pancake
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cups pitted and halved sweet cherries, divided
- *confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Pre-heat oven 425* Place 8" cast iron pan in oven.
- In a blender, blend eggs until frothy. Add the flour, milk, vanilla, almond extract and salt. Blend until smooth. Rest mixture 15 minutes while the oven heats.
- When oven is pre-heated, add softened butter to pan, return to oven. when butter is melted, remove and swirl around pan to completely coat bottom. Do not allow to burn. Be extra careful, pan is very hot!
- Pour batter into heated pan, immediately sprinkle 1 cup prepared cherries evenly over batter. Return to oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the dough puffs. Don't be tempted to open oven!
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cherries, dust with confectioners' sugar, cut and serve.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..