Chewy Oatmeal Bars
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats or long-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Press mixture into pan
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes, then cut into bars. Let bars cool in pan before serving.
- Helpful Hints:
- *If your family does not like raisins, use any combination of dates, cranberries, miniature chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts or butterscotch chips.
- *You can easily double this recipe using a 9x13- inch baking pan.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..