Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen 3 inch cookies
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 packet unsweetened strawberry kool-aid mix
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 oz package Prepared Chocolate Frosting or 2 Cups prepared Chocolate Frosting
- Sprinkles, Candy Pearls, Fresh Strawberries etc.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
- Add sifted dry ingredients: kool-aid mix, salt, soda, and flour.
- On lightly floured surface roll dough into 1/2 inch thick circle and cut out heart shaped cookies.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350° just until the edges start turning color 7-10 minutes, Time will vary depending on how large and thick you made your cookies.
- *It is important not to over bake if you want the texture to remain chewy and soft.
- Put the frosting in a microwave safe container and melt 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Dip cookies into the frosting and allow excess to run off the cookie.
- Continue to dip cookies until all of the cookies are coated.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..