Corn Muffin Rolls
Published on February 13, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 dozen rolls
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast or 1 cake compressed yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water, lukewarm or warm (110°) or compressed yeast in lukewarm water (85°)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 1⁄4 cups sifted Unbleached Flour
- Scald milk; add sugar, salt, butter and corn meal. Cool to lukewarm (85°).
- Dissolve dry yeast in 1⁄4 cup warm water (110°) or compressed yeast in lukewarm water (85°).
- Add yeast and eggs to corn meal mixture; mix well.
- Add flour a little at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk (about 1 1⁄2 hours).
- Grease cookie sheets. Punch down dough and turn out onto floured board.
- Roll to 3⁄4” thickness. Cut with 2” round cookie cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheets 1” apart. Cover with cloth; let rise until almost double in size (about 1⁄2 hour).
- Preheat oven to 425° (hot).
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..