Cranberry Nut Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups flour*
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or margarine) (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites) (medium)
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar (1/3 cup, optional, for glaze)
- water (1 teaspoon, optional, for glaze)
- *You can substitute 1/2 to 1 cup of the flour with whole wheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Grate orange peeling, then squeeze juice from orange. Add additional orange juice to make 3/4 cup.
- In a separate bowl, blend orange juice, butter, egg, and grated orange peel; add to flour mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
- Grease bottom only of 9x5 loaf pan.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Optional: to make glaze, mix powdered sugar and water; add water as needed to make thin glaze. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- Servings : 15 servings
- Recipe Type : Quick Breads
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..