Published on May 26, 2019 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- 3 cups
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cool water (68 degrees F)
- 1 beaten egg
- In medium bowl, sift flour and salt together.
- Beat together cool water and egg; stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 8 minutes. Cover with a wet cheesecloth or towel for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out into a thin sheet, about 1/6-inch thick. With sharp knife, cut into 1/8-inch-wide strips for fine noodles, 1/3-inch-wide strips for broad noodles. If you have a noodle cutter, cut immediately. Separate by lightly tossing with a dusting of flour.
- Noodles may be used immediately or frozen in a sealed container or bag.
- To cook fresh noodles:
- Bring 10 to 12 cups water or broth to boil; gradually add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Recipe Type : Crackers
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..