Lemon Butter Bars
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 " square pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) Lemon Butter (curd)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and flour.
- Pat into an ungreased 8-inch square pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon butter, eggs, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix thoroughly by hand or with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over hot crust. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, then dust generously with powdered sugar.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..