Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2-3 Doz.
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup room-temperature butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- The zest (the yellow peel) of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cookie dough:
- With a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the egg and zest.
- With the mixer on low speed, blend in the salt, flour and cornmeal.
- Divide the dough into two portions and roll each into a log (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches) wrapped in parchment or wax paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight (you can also wrap the dough and freeze it at this time).
- Line parchment lined or greased baking sheet.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1/4″ slices. Lay them 1 1/2″ apart.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, until the cookies are browned on the edges and bottom.
- Let the cookies cool while you make the glaze.
- Prepare glaze:
- Stir 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into the confectioner’s sugar. Stir in more as needed to bring the glaze to a pourable consistency.
- Spoon or drizzle the glaze over the cookies.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..