Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup Water
- 3 ounces Spaghetti noodles, whole grain-rich, uncooked
- 11 ounces Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, fresh or frozen, raw, 1/2" diced
- 3 cups Broccoli, frozen, cut
- 3 tablespoons Peanut butter, smooth
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 clove Garlic, fresh, minced (1 clove is about 1/2 teaspoon minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Green onion with tops, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 6 slices Lime wedge, fresh (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat water to a rolling boil.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half. Slowly add noodles to boiling water. Stir constantly until water returns to a boil. Cook about 8 minutes or until al dente. Stir occasionally. Do not overcook. Drain well.
- Coat a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet on medium-high heat. Brown all sides of diced chicken on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add broccoli to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of diced chicken reaches 165 °F and broccoli is tender, but not mushy.
- Prepare Sauce:
- n a small microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of warm water, soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Microwave sauce for 30 seconds; remove from the microwave, whisk sauce and microwave for 30 more seconds, whisk again. (Note: Sauce will look stringy.)
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tablespoon warm water with cornstarch to make a slurry (thin paste). Be sure cornstarch is fully dissolved in the water before adding the slurry it to the sauce.
- Slowly whisk slurry into the peanut butter sauce until fully combined. Microwave 30 seconds or until thick. Whisk until sauce is a smooth-thick consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss peanut sauce, chicken, broccoli, and noodles.
- arnish each serving with 1 teaspoon of green onions, 1 teaspoon of cilantro, and one lime wedge (optional).
- Serve 3/4 cup. Serve hot or cold.
- **Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 140 °F or higher. **Critical Control Point: Hold for cold service at 40 °F or lower.
- Servings : 6 servings
- Recipe Type : Entrees
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..