Pineapple Carrot Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 medium carrot (3/4 Cup Shredded)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 5 Tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 Tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt Pinch ground nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, or apple pie spice
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Add ½ cup chopped walnuts (or ½ cup raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and peel carrot. Shred with a grater. Measure out ¾ cup shredded carrot.
- In a medium bowl, add pineapple with juice, oil, water, vinegar, and shredded carrot. Mix with a fork to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Blend well with a fork to break up any lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- If using walnuts or raisins, gently stir in now.
- Coat muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full with batter. Bake on middle rack of oven until muffin tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 20–25 minutes.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..