Red Velvet Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 Pancakes
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 ½ cups Self-Rising Flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 1 ¼ cups milk (regular or buttermilk)
- 1 or 2 eggs (very lightly beaten)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening (or butter or cooking oil)
- Stir Self-Rising flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder together.
- Gently stir in milk, eggs, and food coloring until there are no streaks. Do not over beat. Some lumps may remain.
- Stir in melted shortening (or oil).
- Preheat griddle (Test by dropping a few drops of water on it. The water should sizzle and splatter.) Using a 1/4 c measuring cup pour on hot griddle. Pancakes are ready to turn over when small holes appear on the uncooked top.
- Combine 1 cup cream softened cream cheese, 5 teaspoons of confectioners sugar and enough milk to thin to desired consistency. You may also use cream cheese frosting.
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..