These savory muffins, loaded with zucchini and cheese, not only are these muffins healthy but they’re a delicious, super easy, on-the-go breakfast.
Savory Muffins with Zucchini and Cheese
Published on August 25, 2020 | In Breakfast | By Home Baking Association |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (you can sub vegetable oil)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of freshly grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped thyme
- Pre-heat 325*, place paper liners in muffin pan, spray paper cups, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, set aside.
- in a separate medium bowl, combine milk,yogurt, egg and oil until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini, cheese, sliced onion and thyme, mix until combined. (Batter is very thick)
- Using an ice cream scooper or 1/3 cup measuring cup fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the zucchini cheddar cheese savory muffins to cool in the pan for at least 10-12 minutes before removing.
- Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.